My Karmic Car Accident

My big car accident in Santa Rosa. I was driving legally, as I am a pretty good driver. I had a green light, ready to cross an intersection; coming toward me is a nice-looking fellow in a small convertible classic sports car. I noticed him because he had such a happy expression on his face but pretty far away mentally, just enjoying himself, out for a drive. That’s when he turned left in front of me. As we came together, I jammed on the brake so hard and fast that my leg just went “boom, like a rocket. Meanwhile, I am still looking at this fellow with a smile on his face. He finally sees me at the moment our cars came together like a kiss! I thought, ‘Oh, I am so fortunate! All of the accident karma I have accumulated by driving these many years, I accomplished with no difficulty whatsoever. Really, I am so lucky!’ ~DGR ~~~~

""Mein großer Autounfall in Santa Rosa. Ich fuhr nach Vorschrift, weil ich eine recht gute Fahrerin bin. Die Ampel war grün, ich schicke mich an, die Kreuzung zu überqueren; ein nett aussehender Typ in einem kleinen, klassischen, offenen Sportwagen kommt auf mich zu. Ich bemerkte ihn, weil er so ein glückliches Gesicht machte, aber geistig recht weit weg war, einfach Spaß an seiner Ausfahrt hatte. Und da bog er links vor mir ab. Als wir zusammenstießen trat ich so hart und schnell auf die Bremse, dass mein Bein losging wie eine Rakete: 'Boom'. Unterdessen betrachte ich mir noch immer den Typen mit dem Lächeln im Gesicht. Endlich sieht er mich, in dem Moment als unsere Autos sich treffen, wie in einem Kuss! Ich dachte: 'Oh, wieviel Glück ich doch habe! Sämtliches Unfallkarma, das ich in all den Jahren meines Fahrens angesammelt habe, kommt ohne irgendwelche Schwierigkeiten hier zur Vollendung. Wirklich, ich habe so viel Glück!' " - Domo Geshe Rinpoche ---"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddhist musings... and meanderings

Buddhist musings for springtime........