Refuge and Responsibility

“In order to obtain perfect enlightenment, I vow from now on to go for refuge to the guru and three precious gems and not abandon sentient beings. I will practice the six perfections.”

The next part of the refuge vow presents the challenge, “I vow from now on.” That means “I.” For most people, the most important word is “I.” The next most important word is ‘Me.” And the third most important word is “Mine.” We use this number one important word here; “I” means personal responsibility. This states, “I am responsible for my own progress. I am responsible for my destiny. I take responsibility for the errors I have made in the past, and I take responsibility for purifying the errors which I have made.” ~Domo Geshe Rinpoche ~~~~


"" 'Um die vollkommene Erleuchtung zu erlangen, gelobe ich von nun an bis zur Erleuchtung Zuflucht zum Guru und den drei Juwelen zu nehmen und fühlende Lebewesen nicht im Stich zu lassen. Ich werde die sechs Vollkommenheiten praktizieren.'
Der nächste Teil des Zufluchtsgebets stellt uns vor die Herausforderung 'gelobe ich von nun an'. Das bedeutet 'Ich'. Für die meisten Leute ist 'Ich' das wichtigste Wort. Das zweitwichtigste Wort ist 'Mich'. Und das drittwichtigste Wort ist 'Meins'. Wir benutzen dieses allerwichtigste Wort hier; 'Ich' bedeutet persönliche Verantwortung. Das besagt: 'Ich bin verantwortlich für meinen eigenen Fortschritt. Ich bin verantwortlich für mein Schicksal. Ich übernehme Verantwortung für die Fehler, die ich in der Vergangenheit gemacht habe und ich übernehme die Verantwortung, die Fehler zu bereinigen, die ich gemacht habe.'. " - Domo Geshe Rinpoche ---"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddhist musings... and meanderings

Mental Sinking in Meditation